Make a difference by applying your Research! Funded by Innovate UK, PreCURe is a 7 week sprint programme for research students.
What is PreCURe?
- 7 week Programme for Research students in the middle of your research (eg 2nd year PhDs) – to find beneficiaries of your research and possible routes to translation
- Get Individual Support from a Commercialisation Mentor
- 2 day bootcamp, Value Proposition development (3 additional days commitment over 7 weeks), Market Exploration, Production of Final “Video” Report
Date: Wednesday, 16th February 2022, 09:00 – Thu, 17 Feb 2022, 17:00 GMT
- PreCURe provides a structured way for students to brainstorm the potential benefits and beneficiaries of their research, the value to them and the questions that need to be asked to prove the level of their need
- Provides training in how to identify and contact the people who may be interested in your research and have some of the answers.
- Starts the process of building up the network that will be useful during your career, whether this is in business, industry, academia or the third sector.
- Provides an introduction to some fundamental business concepts.
- Provides valuable feedback on the application of your research that can be used to fine tune your approach to industry needs.
- Collects evidence for you to start to plan your future career.
Where does PreCURe come from?
- PreCURe derives from the award winning national ICURe programme – Innovate UK’s Accelerator for Commercialisation of University Research see https://www.setsquared.co.uk/programme/icure-programme-2/
Who is eligible to apply?
For research students (PhD students, Eng D, research Masters etc) at any UK University. The programme is open to any and all disciplines.
Any questions – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants simply need to get the support of their TTO (Tech Transfer Office) and let us know by email to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 10th February 2022