Midlands ICURe is designed for research teams from all UK universities with commercially-promising ideas, with potential funding of up to £30k!
Programme deadline is near – Cohort H is now open for applications until noon 27th September 2021 – The last full 6 month 2-stage ICURe programme of this year.
Do you have a commercially-promising idea? Do you need support, funding or market research?
- Derive more IMPACT from your research activities
- Validate the market demand for products or services that utilise your research
- Receive funding of up to £30k for a 3-month market validation
- Engage with at least 100 prospective customers, competitors, regulators and stakeholders worldwide.
- Receive expert feedback and guidance for your chosen commercialisation route
- If successful, receive a further 3 month’s funding of up to £15k and guidance to begin your commercialisation journey for real.
- If applicable apply for ring-fenced ICURe startup funding to propel your spin-out forward.
About the Programme
Innovation to Commercialisation of University Research (ICURe) is a highly successful 3 month customer discovery programme followed by a 3 month commercialisation accelerator designed using lean start-up methodology and funded by Innovate UK.
ICURe trains, funds, and supports teams led by university early-career researchers (ECRs) to determine whether there is a market for products or services that utilise their research, science, or technology, and if there is to realise that opportunity. Up to £30,000 of funding is available to ‘get out of the lab’ and validate these commercially promising ideas in the marketplace, and a further up to £15,000 to begin the commercialisation journey for real. For teams who can successfully demonstrate the best route to commercialisation as a spin-out company, there is the additional opportunity to bid for Innovate UK ICURe start-up funding of up to £300k.
To date, the ICURe Programme has helped create over 100 new companies, 500+ new jobs and over £250m of translational funding for the 342 UK teams that have completed it.
Apply Now – Bootcamp starting 11th October 2021.
Go to: https://warwick.ac.uk/services/innovations/midlandsicure/