Herefordshire and Worcestershire ICS is working in partnership with the West Midlands Health and Wellbeing Innovation Network at the University of Warwick to deliver a low carbon solution innovation programme.
We are delivering this programme of work for two reasons:
1) Across England, NHS Trusts and Integrated Care Systems are working to reduce waste and improve patient services. It is paramount that we deliver on our green plan objectives in the short and long term.
2) We need to find new ways of working to speed up the innovation to solve the looming climate crisis.
How will we do it?
Challenge Definition Workshop
A short workshop with a diverse group of stakeholders to refine the specific challenge that can be solved in a short time period.
Outputs & Outcomes
- Common understanding of the highest priority challenges related to low carbon
- A short list of ideas e.g. blood pressure monitoring
- A list of low carbon experts from within the ICS
Work with challenge champions and innovation stakeholders to co-create a solution prototype that can be tested with the potential to pilot.
- Work with NHS partners, clinicians and other stakeholders to Co-create a solution prototype that can be tested and potentially piloted with innovative suppliers
- Demonstrate the value of a challenge-based approach to uncover and address high priority problems
How you can help?
Please email your challenges, ideas and solutions to firstname.lastname@example.org and our delivery partners, West Midlands Health and Wellbeing Innovation Network (WMHWIN), will be in touch to discuss them.
Main photo credit: Matthias Heyde
Image 2: Lukas Lehotsky
Image 3: Karsten Wurth