Creative Futures fosters collaboration and drives innovation at the heart of the UK’s thriving creative & digital industries.
CreaTech is a significant opportunity for the University of Warwick. The fusion of technology and creativity aligns perfectly with our distinctive strengths and multidisciplinary approach. With expertise spanning WMG (Warwick Manufacturing Group), WBS (Warwick Business School), Computer Science, WMS (Warwick Medical School), and the Centre for Cultural & Media Policy Studies, we are uniquely positioned to shape the future of CreaTech.
Thriving in the CreaTech landscape requires strong partnerships, and we’re here to facilitate them through collaborative R&D funding, fostering industry and researcher networks, and events bringing the community together.
Unlock R&D is a readily accessible fund that encourages new ideas and industry-academic collaborations with Leamington Spa and the West Midlands’ creative and digital companies.
Projects are industry-led, short term collaborations that pave the way for new user cases, innovative prototypes, and, open doors to future partnerships and funding opportunities.
Find out more about live Unlock projects, how they work and how to get involved below.
Hollywood Gaming & Alan Chalmers
- Hollywood Gaming specialises in game integration and effects, focusing on multisensory experiences.
- The team are collaborating with Alan Chalmers (WMG), to evaluate the use of scent as a cue in games and its impact on player performance.
- Through Unlock funding, postgraduate researcher Danel Zholzhanova is working with the team to run trials at Warwick’s Esports Centre
- Trials use a racing game to benchmark and analyse player risk-taking and performance with and without scent.
Lime Intervention Design & Michaela Gummerum
- Lime is a purpose-driven behavior-change lab, creating immersive learning experiences through interactive technologies.
- Their objective is to develop, operationalise, and evaluate the theoretical model behind Lime’s intervention programs.
- Under the guidance of Michaela Gummerum (Psychology), 2 research assistants are conducting interviews, qualitative analysis, and a comprehensive literature review
- Find out more here
We bring together academics and industry to showcase their work on different themes through our Unlock series.
Unlock events give organisations and individuals the chance to connect, network, and showcase their work to a wider audience. The format is designed to foster collaboration and create opportunities for new partnerships to form. Present your experience and projects, exchange ideas, and explore potential collaborations.
I thought the event was so well organised and the team were lovely. There was clearly an extremely amount of hard work that went into making this event such a success!Peter McKenna, Warwick Medical School
Unlock: Future of Learning
Genuinely a really super event. I’ve walked away from it with loads of contacts and ideas that definitely were not in any way on my radar before!Robyn Winfield-Smith, Liminal Immersive
Unlock: Tech for Good
Creative Futures supports R&D projects that focus on research and development and businesses benefiting from market insights, data analysis and evaluation as well as use and access to University of Warwick facilities and spaces.
We ask for expressions of interest from industry leads through a simple form. The Creative Futures team will then contact and support businesses with identifying suitable academics or researchers for their projects.
Use the form below to enquire about how we can connect you to researchers and our networks. A member of our team will reach out to you regarding your enquiry.