Creative Futures is a free 6 month incubator for creative and digital businesses.
We inspire, educate & incubate on campus and at 1 Mill Street, the co-working space in Leamington Spa
offering business advice, mentoring and networking to support the growth of creative ideas, enterprises and innovation.
We offer an exciting opportunity for any early-stage and start-up to develop entrepreneurial skills, test and launch their creative & digital business from 1 Mill Street in Leamington Spa.
We have supported 30 businesses and about to welcome our 35th! See who we have helped here.
“Creative Futures helped me reach the next level of the business, logistically, strategically and emotionally.”Samuel Langley-Swain
Managing Director of Owlet Press
Imagine what your life could look like 6 months from now with:
- A years’ membership at 1 Mill Street with 6 months’ worth of business support, mentoring and advice to develop and launch your business. This is equivalent to up to £10,000 worth of space and support.
- 1:1 coaching to empower you with the monthly focus and accountability you need to break through your own limitations.
- A tailored package of support and agreed milestones to equip your climb towards developing your business.
- Exclusive access to the University of Warwick’s experts, mentors and graduate entrepreneurs
- Hands-on learning through guest speaker talks, events and live interviews.
- A strong sense of community with a network of peers who share similar entrepreneurial interests and aspirations.
We select a cohort of 5 businesses every 6 months. Our application process is rolling with closing dates in Spring and Autumn. Applications are considered for the next selection deadline.
Friday 31st March 2023
Cohort 7 Applications opened.
Sunday 10th September 2023
Applications close at 11:59pm.
Wednesday 13th – Friday 22nd September 2023
Interviews take place, and shortlisted businesses invited to present to panel.
Thursday 28th September
New cohort invited to attend their first social/introduction meetup.
Monday 2nd October 2023
Induction meetings and tenancy at 1 Mill Street and business support starts this week.
- You must be motivated and determined to build or start a business in the West Midlands and be able to demonstrate why you would benefit from being part of the Leamington Spa creative cluster.
- This programme is open to graduates, alumni, early stage, start-up and SMEs. Current students are not eligible.
- Applications can come from individuals (a lead applicant) or teams with a maximum of five co-founders or team members.
- The business team must be primarily based in the West Midlands during their time on the programme.
- Successful businesses will need to be both creative & digital from various sectors including screen, gaming, VR, AI, performing arts, marketing and events, PR and design businesses.
- Each cohort will be made up of a mix of the following business types;
- Creative Tech
- Creative Products
- Creative Production
- Creative Content
How to Apply
Submissions must include:
- Application Form including details of your Business Vision, what makes you different and how you will attract, engage and sell to customers
- CV for the lead applicant and any other team members*.
- Financial Forecast – Please use this template here and watch the video below for guidance*
- 5 Images which best represent your work*
- 3-min video explaining your business, your vision and introducing the team*.
*Files should be sent via email or WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Forecast Guidance
Book a 15-min discovery call to discuss the Creative Futures Incubator and application process, or email Clare.E.Green@warwick.ac.uk