Creative Futures is a gateway between the University and the region’s creative industries
We inspire, educate & incubate on campus and at 1 Mill Street, a new co-working space in Leamington Spa offering business advice, mentoring and networking to support the growth of creative ideas, enterprises and innovation.
What are the benefits?
As a start-up or creative business, by becoming part of the Creative Futures Incubator you benefit from desk space at 1 Mill Street which offers, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, world-class events space, a video and sound studio and great food and coffee.
Imagine what your life could look like, 6 months from now with:
- A subsidised co-working space at 1 Mill Street with 6 months’ worth of business support, mentoring and advice to develop and launch your business. This is equivalent to up to £10,000 worth of space and support.
- 1-2-1 coaching to empower you with the monthly focus and accountability you need to break through your own limitations.
- A tailored package of support and agreed milestones to equip your climb towards developing your business.
- Exclusive access to the University of Warwick’s experts, mentors and graduate entrepreneurs
- Hands on learning through guest speaker talks, events and live interviews.
- A strong sense of community with a network of peers who share similar entrepreneurial interests and aspirations.
- Pitch practice for the opportunity to present directly to an investor network
Photo credit: Ana Frantz
- You must be motivated and determined to build or start a business in the West Midlands and be able to demonstrate why you would benefit from being part of the Leamington Spa creative cluster.
- Applications can come from individuals (a lead applicant) or teams with a maximum of five co-founders or team members.
- The business team must be primarily based in the West Midlands during their time on the programme.
- Successful businesses will need to be both creative & digital from various sectors including screen, gaming, VR, AI, performing arts, marketing and events, PR and design businesses.
- Each cohort will be made up of a mix of the following business types;
- Creative Tech
- Creative Products
- Creative Production
- Creative Content
Successful submissions must include the following:
- Application Form including details of your Business Vision, what makes you different and how you will attract, engage and sell to customers
- CV for the lead applicant and other team members (if appropriate)
- Financial Forecast – Please use this template here
- 5 Images which best represent your work
- 3-min video explaining your business, your vision and introducing the team (if appropriate)
Please note: we will only accept submissions using our templates.
Creative Futures Incubator proudly supported and sponsored by:
The data on this form will be used to send you the information you have requested. We will store the fact that you have requested the information and your contact details to receive the information, but we will not send you any information beyond that which you have requested, nor will we use the data for any other purpose.
The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University’s Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. Please submit any data subject rights requests to email@example.com or address any complaints or suspected breaches to the University’s Data Protection Officer at DPO@warwick.ac.uk
If you would like to find out more about the business incubator, please email to request a 15-min discovery call, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates to apply
Important Dates: Every year we have 2 rounds of applications: one in January and July.
|Monday 14th June 2021||Applications open|
|Monday 12 July 2021||Applications close|
|Tuesday 20 July and|
Wednesday 21 July
|Interviews to take place and shortlisted businesses invited to present to a panel|
|Monday 2 August|
|Incubator starts with blend of digital and face-to-face coaching, business support and events. Tenancy at 1 Mill Street starts Monday 6 September 2021.|
LATE APPLICATIONS: The Warwick Enterprise team is unable to accept late applications. If you miss the deadline you will need to submit an application to the next application round.