Creative Futures is a gateway between the University and the region’s creative industries
We inspire, educate & incubate on campus and at 1 Mill Street, the co-working space in Leamington Spa
offering business advice, mentoring and networking to support the growth of creative ideas, enterprises and innovation.
What are the benefits?
As a start-up or creative business, by becoming part of the Creative Futures Incubator you benefit from membership at 1 Mill Street
which offers, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, world-class events space, a video and sound studio and great food and coffee.
Photo credit: Ana Frantz
Dates to apply
We select two cohorts of 5 businesses every year. Our application process is rolling with closing dates in the Spring and Autumn.
If you apply now, your application will be considered in the next selection round.
|Friday 31st March 2023||Cohort 7 Applications open|
|Sunday 3rd September 2023||Applications close at midnight.|
|Monday 11th – Friday 22nd September 2023||Interviews to take place and shortlisted businesses invited to present to a panel. |
*Please hold these dates in your diary for confirmed interview slot*
|If successfully selected…||Cohort Meetup – Thursday 28th Sept 2023|
Induction meetings scheduled and tenancy starts from Monday 2nd Oct with desk space, access to business support and events
Imagine what your life could look like, 6 months from now with:
- A years’ membership at 1 Mill Street with 6 months’ worth of business support, mentoring and advice to develop and launch your business. This is equivalent to up to £10,000 worth of space and support.
- 1:1 coaching to empower you with the monthly focus and accountability you need to break through your own limitations.
- A tailored package of support and agreed milestones to equip your climb towards developing your business.
- Exclusive access to the University of Warwick’s experts, mentors and graduate entrepreneurs
- Hands-on learning through guest speaker talks, events and live interviews.
- A strong sense of community with a network of peers who share similar entrepreneurial interests and aspirations.
- You must be motivated and determined to build or start a business in the West Midlands and be able to demonstrate why you would benefit from being part of the Leamington Spa creative cluster.
- This programme is open to graduates, alumni, early stage, start-up and SMEs. Current students are not eligible.
- Applications can come from individuals (a lead applicant) or teams with a maximum of five co-founders or team members.
- The business team must be primarily based in the West Midlands during their time on the programme.
- Successful businesses will need to be both creative & digital from various sectors including screen, gaming, VR, AI, performing arts, marketing and events, PR and design businesses.
- Each cohort will be made up of a mix of the following business types;
- Creative Tech
- Creative Products
- Creative Production
- Creative Content
Successful submissions must include the following:
- Application Form including details of your Business Vision, what makes you different and how you will attract, engage and sell to customers
- CV for the lead applicant and other team members (if appropriate)
- Financial Forecast – Please use this template here
- 5 Images which best represent your work
- 3-min video explaining your business, your vision and introducing the team (if appropriate)
Please note: we will only accept submissions using our templates.
The data on this form will be used to send you the information you have requested. We will store the fact that you have requested the information and your contact details to receive the information, but we will not send you any information beyond that which you have requested, nor will we use the data for any other purpose.
The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University’s Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. Please submit any data subject rights requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or address any complaints or suspected breaches to the University’s Data Protection Officer at DPO@warwick.ac.uk
If you would like to find out more about the business incubator, please email to request a 15-min discovery call, email@example.com