Powering up businesses in Leamington Spa.
Are you a creative start-up or early-stage business looking to take off with the help of the University of Warwick?
The Creative Futures Incubator supports and develops new businesses and start-ups from across the West Midlands. Based in the heart of Leamington Spa, the largest creative cluster outside of Greater London, your business can benefit from dedicated space at 1 Mill Street and connections with the growing community here.
Over the last year, 10 businesses in the incubator gained £1.3m worth of sales, grants and commissions, created 18 new jobs and gained 30 clients. The University of Warwick through this scheme delivered 175 hours of 1:1 coaching, 35 hours group sessions & introductions to 86 business or academic contacts. In September 2021, we introduced 5 new business with a third cohort so the community is now 15 strong. Applications are now open to join in cohort 4… see details below and book a discovery call with the team:
“We want to help creative businesses accelerate, and I am so proud to have supported start-ups to grow, develop new ideas, win projects and commissions for BBC, Coventry City of Culture and Sky Arts to name just a few. Creative Futures launched just before lockdown and with the support from the University, 1 Mill Street and the sponsors BT and Warwickshire County Council, the cohorts have thrived and even collaborated on new projects in this time”Clare Green, Creative & Digital Communities Manager
Success stories from cohorts 1 & 2
- Creative Leamington and Blunt & Brave collaborate to create the LYT Festival
- Saldo and BlueBell Films launch a live-streaming mental health series
- Common Story commissioned by BBC Bitesize and take on 9 new staff to help deliver exciting new production
- BlueBell Films secure grant from Warwickshire Public Health on mental health in South-Asian communities
- Jessie Danger launches new ‘gifts with a conscience’ scheme for corporates sourcing sustainable gifts
- Blunt & Brave selected as supplier for Coventry City of Culture 2021
Are you a creative start-up or small business looking to smash your goals in 2022?
Then Creative Futures is the place for YOU! Join us and you will gain:
- 6 months of tailored business support
- 1:1 coaching and access to experts
- Networking opportunities with other local businesses
- Desk space at 1 Mill Street to come in and get to work!
Everyone selected will join the 15 businesses who have already benefitted from our programme and will become a part of our collaborative community!