Innovation Coordinator – Fixed-term contract until 1 February 2024
Part of the newly formed Warwick Innovation District, The West Midlands Health and Wellbeing Innovation Network identifies challenges in the NHS, finds innovators to solve those challenges and facilitates a product development process to test and implement solutions. We have recently been successful in gaining funding for an exciting new project which means we are now ready to grow our team.
Working alongside our internal delivery team, innovative businesses, regional NHS trusts and other stakeholders, you will co-ordinate the programmes and projects of the network, bringing your experience of administration and project management. Organised, able to balance competing priorities and with an understanding of innovation management techniques, you will work with innovation facilitators to prepare and coordinate the delivery of innovation workshops, scouting for innovative suppliers, gathering requirements, content and resources.
You will build and manage our database of innovative suppliers so a good grasp of Microsoft Office software and an understanding of how technology and digital approaches can deliver solutions will be required. You will be providing regular updates and reports, including on budgets and performance so you will need to be a confident and clear communicator at all levels. Ideally you will have experience of marketing and using social media to engage with stakeholders to help us engage our cohorts and prospects.
If you would like to be part of a creative, innovative team who are helping solve real world problems, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: 9 Feb 2023
Interview date: 16 February 2023, TBC.
The West Midlands Health and Wellbeing Innovation Network runs a programme that identifies NHS challenges, finds innovators to solve those challenges and facilitates a product development process to test and implement solutions. The WMHWIN works with a number of innovative NHS Trusts and regions to solve challenges along with corporate partners that form part of the healthcare supply chain. This role will work with innovation facilitators to prepare and coordinate the delivery of innovation workshops, scout for innovative suppliers, liaise with internal stakeholders gathering requirements, content and resources through innovation programmes with stakeholders ranging from senior NHS staff to early stage start-ups.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. To coordinate innovation programmes and projects. This may involve, but not limited to: stakeholder engagement activities, facilitating and sharing information and knowledge, root cause analysis, providing recommendations, research, testing and the design and implementation of processes and procedures. In addition to this the role holder will contribute to or carry out presentations and develop reports.
2. To build, manage and maintain a database of innovative suppliers on a programme by programme basis by scouting for innovations through market research activities.
3. To provide necessary administration and project management during each innovation project, this may include organising events, collating information on project activities, providing progress reports, and coordinating activities.
4. To monitor and report on budget movements, key expenditure and allocations.
5. To develop strong working relationships with clients, internal stakeholders, future prospects. Ensuring the needs of different audiences and stakeholders are fully understood and considered in delivering programmes of work.
6. To develop an understanding of the work of the wider health industry and the health tech space, stakeholder communities and complementary projects and initiatives and applying this knowledge and understanding to scouting and delivery responsibilities.
7. To produce and share marketing material and social media content to further engage stakeholders, cohorts and prospects.
For more about the job click here
For more about Warwick Innovation District click here: https://warwickinnovationdistrict.com/
Photo credit: wocintech