Innovate UK has allocated up to £2.5 million for up to 50 awards at £50,000 each. They will also provide a bespoke package of mentoring, coaching and business support.
Women with exciting, innovative ideas who will inspire others can apply for an award which includes a £50,000 grant and bespoke business support.
- Competition opens: Monday 22 August 2022
- Competition closes: Wednesday 19 October 2022 11:00am
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, is offering up to 50 Women in Innovation Awards to women entrepreneurs across the UK. The winners will receive a £50,000 grant and a bespoke package of mentoring, coaching and business support.
The aim of this competition is to find women with exciting, innovative ideas and ambitious plans that will inspire others. The awards are for women founders, co-founders or senior decision makers working in businesses that have been operating for at least one year.
Applicants must be confident, with the support of an award, that they can make a significant contribution to a pressing societal, environmental or economic challenge through their innovative project.
The competition is split into 2 phases. In the application phase 1, the awards will be assessed by independent experts. In the interview phase 2, the shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by a panel of experts.
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. The competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.
Who can apply
Your award must:
- have a total grant funding request of £50,000
- start on 1 April 2023
- end on 31 March 2024
- last for 12 months
You must only include eligible project costs in your application.
Under current restrictions, this competition will not fund any procurement, commercial, business development or supply chain activity with any Russian or Belarusian entity as lead, partner or subcontractor. This includes any goods or services originating from a Russian or Belarusian source.
You will be made ineligible if you exceed the Minimal Financial Assistance limit. You must submit a complete declaration as part of your application.
To be eligible for an award you must:
- be a woman founder, co-founder or senior decision maker within a UK registered micro, small or medium (SME) business which has been operating for at least 12 months by the competition closing date
- be resident in the UK
- carry out your project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- be legally and contractually able to use the funding
- be available to attend an online interview panel during the weeks beginning 5 December and 12 December 2022
- attend 2 bootcamps on the week commencing 20 March 2023 and in September 2023.
- be fully committed to volunteer as a role model for up to 5 days over the duration of the award
Applications from UK-registered social enterprises operating economically will be eligible if they meet all other criteria.
For more, and to apply click here
Photo credit: Christina WOCITECH