Young people can apply for an award to make their business idea a reality, which includes a grant for £5,000, a living allowance, and tailored business support.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £460,000 in young innovators with this competition.
The aim of this competition is to find a new group of young innovators that, with our help, can turn their great ideas into successful businesses.
We are looking for young people who would benefit most from the Young Innovators Awards, including the financial support and tailored package of expert advice, with access to the innovation tools and connections on offer. The financial support, tailored coaching and mentoring will be provided directly to the successful applicants.
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. The competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.
- Competition now opens
- Competition closes: Wednesday 28 July 2021 11:00am
Who Can Apply?
This competition is open to sole applicants only.
Awards will start on 1 December 2021. The support awarded is for young innovators over a 12 month period.
To be eligible for an award you must:
- be a UK resident who has the right to work in the UK, or will have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the award
- be aged from 18 to 30 on the date of competition closing
- have not previously received a Young Innovators Award from Innovate UK
You must be able to commit to:
- working on average for 2 days (15 hours) per week on your Young Innovators Award, including some weekday time to meet with your Innovation Champion
- attending 2 bootcamps, each lasting 1.5 days on 7 and 8 December 2021, and 17 and 18 May 2022
- providing at least 4 days over the duration of the award to be a role model for the Young Innovators Programme
You are eligible to apply if you are receiving support from The Prince’s Trust’s in-person Enterprise programme.
Photo credit: Brandy Kennedy