Warwick Enterprise proudly presents: Her Innovation Collective Online, a community that connects students with professional women who create, inspire, and lead.
This term, the theme for the HIC Online programme is: Women Innovate. Hear from entrepreneurs and industry professionals who are representing women in innovation across sectors and workplaces. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain new insights, receive career guidance, and develop lasting connections with professional women who are breaking boundaries and supporting the next generation of female innovators.
Sign up and secure your spot today! Registration closes at noon on 14th June 2021
Part 1: Diversity, Inclusion, and Innovation – Tuesday, 15 June 2021 – 12:00 – 13:00
Persistent issues such as gender pay gap, embedded discrimination, and barriers in opportunities for women demonstrate how diversity and inclusion are becoming more important than ever in today’s world. In this session we will be joined by:
- Pinky Lilani CBE DL, Founder and Chairman of the Women of the Future Programme
- Payal Jain, Managing Director of management consultancy JCURV and Chair of Women in Data UK
Payal was a management science and operations research graduate from the University of Warwick.
Part 2: Social Impact and Innovation – Thursday, 17 June 2021 – 12:00 – 13:00
Until recently, people start their business based on market demand and profitability. But over time, priorities have begun to shift as they start thinking about how they could use their businesses to promote, encourage, and create social change. In this session we will be joined by:
- Vicky Smith, Founder of sustainable travel start-up Earth Changers
- Laura Rana, Founder of Khushi Kantha, a social enterprise that creates baby blankets hand-made by mothers in Bangladesh
- Paola Garbini, Founder of the professional women community the NOI Club and Global Senior Marketing Manager at the Boston Consulting Group
Part 3: How to win at interviews from an HR perspective – Wednesday, 23 June 2021 – 12:00 – 13:00
This online event will focus on how to succeed at interviews from an HR perspective. You will receive an in-depth guidance on how to prepare for your interviews and tips on how to ace them. The session will be led by Oorlagh Goss, Global Human Resources MCIPD.
Part 4: Virtual Coaching #1 – Thursday, 24 June 2021 – 12:00 – 13:00
Part 5: Virtual Coaching #2 – Thursday, 1 July 2021 – 12:00 – 13:00
The HIC coaching sessions are an opportunity to connect more deeply with the community that’s come together over the previous sessions. There are several ways to actively engage in the coaching sessions:
- Present your current scenario/challenge that would benefit from the other perspectives on the call.
- Share your reflection from the previous sessions and pose a question to stimulate feedback from the group.
- Be prepared to actively listen and respond to issues raised in the first two formats.
Photo credit: Christina-wocintechchat