Warwick Institute of Engagement’s “Community Partnership Fund” provides a small grant of up £1000 for local community groups and organisations seeking to develop and deliver events or projects in partnership with University of Warwick staff and students, to help celebrate UK City of Culture 2021.
The deadline for applications is 26th April, at noon.
What are the grants for?
- Planning and production of activities and events that contribute to our City of Culture programme – See Programme of Events below.
- New and existing partnerships where Warwick can contribute research expertise to support cultural activities.
- Arts and cultural events which enable engagement with research on arts and culture, economic, environmental, social and health and wellbeing topics
- Events or activities which inspire conversations on the things that matter to you.
Who can apply?
Warwick Institute of Engagement (WIE) welcomes applications from Coventry based community groups /organisations. The organisation will be responsible for delivering an event/project that will benefit their audience/ community between May 2021 and April 2022 which involves working in partnership with University of Warwick staff and/or students. We will consider a wide range of types of events/projects, but will be particularly looking for proposals that deliver some or all of the following:
- Enhanced opportunities for people from a range of backgrounds, who may face barriers to accessing art, culture, or higher education, including but not limited to age, disability, gender, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief.
- Improved levels of wellbeing through engagement in community arts.
- Events/programmes which are developed collaboratively with UoW staff and/or students which will develop a longer-term relationship.
- Events/programmes that aim to positively influence and shape the future of Coventry / your community.
- Events/programmes which support Warwick’s Public Programme of events and monthly themes.
Are you Eligible?
- You must be a Coventry based, recognised or established group e.g. charity, non – profit organization, voluntary or community group.
- You must clearly explain why your organisation needs support and for what you intend to use the funding.
- You must implement the event and spend the grant between May 2021 – April 2022
- You must provide Public Liability Insurance, and work with Warwick to provide Risk Assessment and COVID Risk Assessment at least 14 days prior to the event.
For more information click here: https://warwick.ac.uk/wie/warwickengages/communitypartnership/