Community Recovery Innovation Challenge – Supporting innovation that helps our communities to bounce back.
Photo credit: Vonecia Carswell
Our lives and livelihoods have been completely transformed by the pandemic. Yet in the West Midlands we continue to show compassion and humanity. Through innovation and creativity, our local heroes are stepping up to the mark.
The Community Recovery Innovation Challenge is a programme for creative ideas that are leading our communities into recovery. Innovative projects that help our communities to bounce back have the opportunity to receive investment and coaching worth £15,000.
Could this be you?
- Are you based in the West Midlands?
- Do you have an innovative idea or project that can improve the lives of citizens as we build back better from the pandemic?
- Would you like the chance to get coaching and support that could take your project to the next level?
Does your innovative idea…
- Support the most vulnerable people
- Tackle domestic violence
- Deliver ‘people-powered’ health
- Widen awareness and access to mental health support
- Make education and training more accessible
- Help prepare children for school or early years learning
- Bring the young and the elderly together
- Support youth employment and skills
- Encourage grassroots culture, arts and sport
- Address homelessness or debt issues
- Increase digital inclusion, and/or
- Improve access to green spaces
How to enter
Provide a link to your Youtube film clip or a written summary, letting us know how your unique project can help people bounce back from this challenging time. Make sure you include details about yourself and your community to give a sense of the impact of your idea. You may also enter even if your project or idea has already been developed.