The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set out the UN agenda for people, planet and prosperity and sustainable society for all by 2030.
“Green growth is an important economic driver – growing around four-times faster than the overall economy; now is the time to capitalise on this opportunity.” To learn more join this free Webinar and Q&A session.
About this Event
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set out the UN agenda for people, planet and prosperity, achieving a prosperous, inclusive and sustainable society for all by 2030. The SDGs were adopted by 193 states at the United Nations in September 2015. The 17 goals and 169 targets aim to stimulate action in areas of critical importance to humanity and the environment.
The Coventry & Warwickshire Green Business Programme together with The University of Warwick and Coventry University are jointly hosting a series of webinars that will examine the critical role of businesses in our region on how they can engage with the SDG framework. We will be outlining to businesses how adopting the SDGs within their business plans can drive business growth and productivity, whilst contributing to a cleaner environment.
During this first webinar there will be an overview on what the 17 SDGs are and how they relate to business. We will then hear from some local organisations who are putting sustainability at the heart of their business models and why it is making perfect sense for them. Green growth is an important economic driver – growing around four-times faster than the overall economy; now is the time to capitalise on this opportunity. Starting early gives companies the best chance of staying ahead and diversifying into future products and markets.
Objectives of Event
• Explore what SDGs are
• Understand the benefits of incorporating SDGs into your business
• Find out the biggest market opportunities related to delivering the SDGs
• Discover the business advantages for going green, including costs saved due to cutting carbon and attracting talent
• Understand why more and more consumers are choosing sustainable brands
• Provide some thinking about your business, including supply chains and third-party business relationships, to help you understand your risks and what impact your business has on each of the SDGs
• Help you define and prioritise your plans, and to align your strategy to the SDGs to make a positive difference
• Find out more about The University of Warwick’s Ingenuity Challenge & Green Week 2021
• Uncover details about funding and grants which are available for small and medium sized organisations (SMEs) through the Coventry and Warwickshire Green Business Programme
• Ask your own questions and network with speakers through this live webinar